Sunday Confessions





I confess: I have had a cold since Tuesday/Wednesday, after catching it from my lovely husband (not his fault, I know!) but STILL does he have to be so show off-y with his superior immune system by beating the cold in three days flat while I am still sputtering and hacking and wheezing away? Hmph!

I confess: Hence, as per the above, there have been no workouts this week. Zilch. I'm not one of those people who is going to knock myself out trying to work up a sweat when I ALREADY HAVE A FEVER!

In my weakened state I can barely lift the remote - oh but I did, I mainlined The Veronica Mars Movie (good, esp. for fans of the show), TWD s. 6, a Greta Gerwig movie (Lola Versus), which was not very good but had Debra Winger and Bill Pullman playing her parents which made me feel a hundred. I mean, I guess they are technically old enough to be parents to a 30 year old, but it just seemed kinda weird. Plus they were totally wasted, which also made me sad, because I don't know... (I am also prone to the minor weeps when I have a cold I found this week, does this happen to anyone else?).

But I did enjoy watching movies in the afternoon which normally I wouldn't do. Self-Care is something that comes more naturally (to some of us, not to *cough* some men! ;-0) when we are sick, and there is something soothing and almost therapeutic about letting your body tell you what it can deal with and listening for once and not feeling guilty for not doing whatever it is we think we should be doing. So, one small perk of the being sick thing.

I confess: (SPOILER-ish if you haven't seen latest series of The Walking Dead). If they kill Daryl, I'm O-U-T* - obviously it could be anyone but people are talking about it like it could EVEN happen and I'm all...






I'm still processing this season, it had a lot of weird twists and turns and some characters progressed well, while others seemed to sort of regress, which I don't know, in a zombie apocalypse anything goes I guess. I no longer loathe Carl though, so that's a turnaround for the books. You win Walking Dead for not making your teenagers too bratty, unlike most shows! Although I do think you missed a trick not casting Garett Dillahunt as Negan. I'm sure Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be good, but no one does crazy psychopaths like Mr. D.



* or as my Mom calls him affectionately, "Cross-bow"  Not long after she started watching it, which I got her hooked on while she was visiting me, she said in deadly serious-ness "If they kill Cross-bow I'm out!" ;-0 , which I have to say I'm pretty sure the majority of the fandom would concur!

8 comments

  1. In the comics, it's Glenn, which was funny cause they had him find a baseball bat earlier in the season so it was like FORESHADOWING. Neil and I kind of want it to be Daryl just to see all the fans explode ;) He isn't even in the comics! Carol should be dead already! Why do they keep giving Carls story lines to everyone else! He is suppose to be this bad ass and instead we get a stupid bratty wimpy kid that can't beat up another teen thats been sheltered from the zombies. UGH. Sorry, ha, the comics are just so good it's annoying to see it get all lame on screen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read that, I never noticed the baseball bat thing though uh oh! I think it's Abraham, which on one level sad, I kind of like him now, on another, he broke poor Rosita's heart for freaking Sasha who I do not like. So yeah, Abraham, sorry bud I hope it's you! I also read Negan doesn't kill women in the comics. I think Carol is kryptonite at this point, I really do. I actually liked Carl this season, I do think he will evolve into something more like the comics, Negan took one look at him and was like "Future serial killer" which made me lol! I really want to read the comics someday but they are crazy expensive here Idkw. Um and Daryl, no, I genuinely think at least half the fans would stop watching if they killed him (this season anyway, I can see him going down in a blaze of glory when they end it god knows how many years from now!);-0

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I haven't seen any of S6, and I'm only on the beginning of Book 5, but still, Walking Dead stuff is super hard to avoid. There is no such thing as avoiding spoilers. Even USA today will post headlines like "Yes, they killed SO-AND-SO!" and I'm like are you fucking kidding me?" So...I should catch up. And yeah...I don't know what they're going to do with Daryl, but if they don't kill him, I think they will take him out of action for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, interesting (re: Daryl!) What makes you say that? I hope I didn't actually spoil anything, I think we all knew that it was a cliffhanger finale. :-0

      Delete
  3. Hi Steff! I hope you feel better soon, but in the meantime get the most out of your self-care. Yes, I can get a bit emotional or weepy when I am sick and I get both weepy and sick when I am hormonal-which is about half of every month! I hope your quick-recovering hubby is making you some tea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawna, thanks! I am feeling a bit better but tend to get niggly coughs/chest problems with most colds nowadays which is just annoying as they prolong the symptoms after the cold is basically gone. Hope you are doing well. xo

      Delete
  4. You haven't spoiled anything at all, and even if you did, it really wouldn't bother me, to be honest.
    I don't know. Daryl is so badass and so loved that it's almost like everything is okay as long as he is around, but if he's taken out of the mix for a while, even if say for, a broken leg or yellow fever or something, it would stir things up a lot, because he is one of the biggest decision-makers (or was last time I watched) one of the toughest fighters, etc. Also, it's entirely possible that Norman Reedus needs a vacation or a break or something for any number of reasons and for that they could have a whole lot of things happen to his character. Kidnapping would be the easiest to pull off because it would be very easy to get his lines and then film people throwing food scraps into a dark hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't torment my baby Daryl! I think he was kind of underused this season but he did have some nice moments too which you will see at some point ;-)

      Delete