Halloween Tag




Hello! So (my fellow Aberdeen blogger) Denise over at The Life of Dee has created a fun Halloween tag post and tagged me in, I thought I would chime in with my own attempt at spooky answers! Please feel free to join in if you like and comment on other tag posts. (I will be on holiday from Monday so not tagging anyone specifically but do join in if you want to!).




Halloween Tag





1. What’s your favourite non scary Halloween film?

OK it's not technically a film but a cartoon special, it's still probably "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!", just out of sheer nostalgia, I love when I catch childhood faves when I'm visiting America, I think it's an expat homesick thing.


2. And your favourite scary film to watch is?

Hm, tricky one! I do like scary films but I'm also a wuss. I will say The Exorcist, even though it still scares the bejeezus out of me, there is just something so creepy and evocative about those opening credits alone. They bring back memories of all those times it would come on when I was a kid and I would have to change the channel immediately because I somehow knew it was too scary for me. And then in high school my friend Kelly and I finally rented it from the video store (yup!), and I just remember us screaming all the way through it lol!


3. Do you have any Halloween traditions?

My Mom and I usually carve a pumpkin now that I tend to vacation during Halloween. Honestly I'm terrible at it! But it does get you in the mood for Halloween to see it lit up for the first time.


4. What is your favorite season of American Horror Story?

Like Denise I have really only seen the first one (Horror House) and Coven, and they were fun but the themes of the rest of them haven't really appealed to me.

5. Favourite thing about Halloween?

Hm I don't know! I used to really love dressing up, less so as the years have gone by. We will often go to the Day of the Dead (Dia De Los Muertos) in Florida in my Mom's town and it's pretty cool, it's in this neighbourhood called Village of the Arts that has a bunch of cute artisan shops and everyone decorates their lawns with Halloween stuff and there are the traditional Mexican shrines and cool curios and it's neat. And candy, gimme all the candy!











I mean I guess some people would find this creepy? ;--0 



Elvis Shrine




6. What Halloween costume will you or your children be wearing this year?

No plans whatsoever! Sometimes I will cobble something together last minute, the last time I did dress up I was a Victorian Ghost and I got way too obsessed with the costume but ya know, worth it!








7. Has anything spooky ever happened to you?

I had sleep paralysis once, and it happened to be in a very old farmhouse we were living in at the time, where my uncle also claimed he saw a ghost (with a fair amount of dubiousness given uh, my uncle, who was also on Judge Judy, my family is interesting y'all!). ANYHOO I was in this very vivid, creepy dream, I don't remember exactly what, but I felt like something was hovering over me and holding me down, and then when I woke up, I physically couldn't move, for what felt like forever but was probably only a few seconds. It was pretty forking scary, I feel bad for anyone who has it chronically because it's not a nice feeling! (I don't honestly believe it was a ghost, because I'm kind of a scaredy cat who can't really allow for the possibility of ghosts in real life!).


8. Who is your favorite fictional serial killer?

Hm. Probably Hannibal Lector! Anthony Hopkins was just far, far too convincing as a cannibal sociopath! Again a teenage sleepover (my friend's 16th birthday I think) we watched this and it kept us up the rest of the night we were so freaked! I think there is even a picture of the movie in my graduating year high school yearbook because it was the favourite film that year!


9. What’s on your Halloween playlist?

Um, it has to be Monster Mash I don't care! So cheesy but instant Halloween feelings!






10. Do you hide behind a cushion at a scary bit on tv or are you so brave it doesn’t bother you?

I am not brave. I saw Scream 2 in the cinema and there was a bit that startled me so much I let out an actual wailing loud scream - my friend was so mortified! Yes I know Scream 2 isn't even that scary, I just jump out of my skin quite easily! Like Denise I also watched most of The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix), except from behind a cushion, especially as I was watching it all alone because David thought it was dumb, so I thought I could totally watch it by myself like a big girl - yeah not so much (but I did still watch it, so like, I am not a total wuss!).


11. Would you spend a full night inside of a haunted house if someone paid you?

Isn't there a movie about that? Where they get a million dollars or something if they last the night? I feel like if the money was enough to tempt me I might, but also I have watched enough horror films to know I would realistically NOT be the final girl. I scream too much, am scared of my own shadow, and would try to hide, isolating myself and sealing my fate no doubt ha ha!


Anyway this was a fun distraction for me, thanks Denise! I will leave it up to anyone who wants to participate to tag themselves - go on, you know you want to!


















2 comments

  1. Is it weird that I LOVE HALLOWEEN, but I'm not a fan of spooky/scary movies? My husband is the opposite! He tolerates my Halloween parties, but always wants to see the newest scary movie at the theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I can see that Halloween can be fun without the scary movie factor too! Honestly the older I get the less I can handle with the horror movies!

      Delete