Sunday Confessions


I confess: 
I just deleted a Sunday Confessions post from a couple of weeks ago and am now typing over it (where it was!). It was mostly just me whining. This one will probably be more of the same tbh. Whine, feel guilty about whining because my life isn't that bad have some perspective etc. etc. the cycle repeats.

I confess: I feel like I have some version of ADHD type symptoms lately. I just can't seem to concentrate on most things. I'm very beyond bored of lockdown. I am tired of baking. I am beyond sick of cooking. I seem to only be able to (vaguely) concentrate on murder documentaries or stuff like that. (Saying that I mainlined all of Good Girls s.3 in a few days and I have a lot of THOUGHTS but then I think, do people really want to read me babble about one t.v. show for an entire blog post? Should I bite the bullet and do a film/t/v/ focused blog?). Also my blog views are in the toilet because Bloglovin still won't add my blogspot address for some reason, so I feel like why bother, maybe I should just start a new one.

 I confess: I would love, more than anything, to have one entire day to myself (introvert problems in a quarantine). Which makes me feel ungrateful and selfish and guilty, but I know it's normal to want personal space, my husband is just not as bothered about it as I am though I don't think so that makes me feel like a selfish git as they say here. 

I confess: I think the new Taylor Swift album is overrated, but I love The (formerly known as Dixie) Chicks new album a lot. So gossipy and vengeful! No one does woman scorned like a country artist!

I confess: My life is super boring right now tbh I'm out!




(This pic is of a really cute street we like in my city - one of the cottage houses is for sale and I looked it up and it's around half a million pounds. For a pokey little house. In a city whose oil centric economic slope is on a steep downturn, this is the reality of why we are still renters! I hate it here!)



6 comments

  1. And here I am finally checking your blog to see if you have posted!
    My husband and I are the only ones in our house, two stories, three bedrooms, and I still need him to get out. That sounds so rude...Luckily for me my husband is very extroverted and has been finding reasons to leave for various reasons, and has started going to his office for a few hours each week. So I totally understand you on the needing alone time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel bad but also I'm like an introvert in severe decline from not having any alone time. We are in a 2nd lockdown so there is no end in sight though agh ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really like this post.
    1.) I don't think it's bad to whine or post unhappy stuff sometimes (she says right before she does it herself). It's authentic.
    2.)I don't think it's bad to do a post about a TV show or movie. I have a TV show post in the works right now. Just make it a thing.
    3.) I'm glad to see you haven't given up on getting bloglovin' to fix your address, but I'm sorry it's such a thing. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, I totally agree. Well I love reading honest/real posts from other people, but I have a bit of a complex about people reading mine I guess! I think I feel like it's boring/not jazzy enough or I'm not a good enough writer to make my down or blah times readable. I try not to be TOO diaristic but I love that you started Sunday Confessions, I think I feel like other people share funnier or cooler stories sometimes and I feel weird just whining or sharing ho hum stuff but ho hum is kinda all I got right now. I don't know, hard to describe! I do like to write about film and t.v. but again own worst critic and they are never very popular posts so I tend to feel more self conscious about them I guess.

      Delete
  3. I understand your worries and I'm totally on that train as well, but know that your ho-hum is wonderful and I'm glad you like Sunday Confessions. And honestly, I know you worry about people posting funnier/cooler things, but I read your stuff and I'm like "dude, my writing is shit." Because I love your writing. It's so beautiful. And I love your adventures - even the little ones like baking a new bread. I enjoy it all. You keep rocking on as yourself.

    ReplyDelete