Sunday Confessions: Long Time No Blog!

 



I confess:

Hello! It's been a ridonculous time since I have blogged here. I am mostly on Medium these days, but recent life events have me feeling less than inspired to write "real writer" type stuff. It feels vulnerable to write about my life right now. Anyone following my Instagram will have maybe seen my post about my Dad dying last month. So yeah...that was/is a lot. More than I know how to write about yet in a way that isn't just emotions pouring out on the page. I traveled to America where along with my Mom we cleared out his apartment -I hadn't seen him in many years so it was a lot to process. 

I confess: I am sorry I suck at catching up with/reading my favorite blogs. I just never log into Blogger anymore, no excuse but yeah, I see I have missed some stuff! I love that people are still writing though. I think I was just burned out with the culture of lifestyle/influencer blogging, partly my own fault since I let myself get swept up in it a bit by attending real life blogger events for awhile (which weirdly dried up, even pre-pandemic, are people still doing these?). Anyway I saw a blogger on insta at a blogger event not in my town and thought oh that's cute I remember those, seems like a million years ago though now!

I confess: I feel happy/sad about autumn approaching. Normally it's one of my favorite times of year. I think I am still in this sort of grief bubble/daze and nothing feels normal still. Most of August was a weird blur of being in upstate NY where my Dad lived, a road trip down to Florida where my Mom lives (it was not a leisurely/fun kinda road trip though, more like the Amazing Race, we only stopped one night!), and then a little bit of respite in Florida, where I got some sun and went in the ocean which was 90 degress (the gulf coast is no joke in the summer!). 

It was weird because we were over there in May/June but I caught bacterial pneumonia so it was basically the vacation that wasn't/ SO to go back unexpectedly a couple of months later was weird. Like I got to enjoy the Florida beaches/time with my Mom and stuff but it was also a time of sadness and weird stressiness. 

We went to the DMV THREE TIMES altogether this trip to deal with my Dad's car, which we had shipped from NY because it is a Mustang convertible (an old but nice one) and is basically our only shot at making back some of our expenses in dealing with his death. 

So anyway I gotta go make risotto (sweet potato) for dinner. Hello out there and I hope everyone is doing ok. xo Steff

2 comments

  1. Hello darling. I'm so sorry again about your dad and all the stress that goes with losing a family member. Not to mention being so very sick. I have missed your writing here, but I also haven't been on much at all. I am thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most belated reply ever, sorry Becky! I saw your comment in my unapproved comments list, I think I set it to filter all comments. I have read your blog recently but didn't comment, sorry. Hope things are ok, I will come over. I do see your Insta stories! I suck at communicating lately sorry. xo

      Delete